Shocking new CDC analysis shows steep and sustained increases in STDs in recent years.
Latest U.S. data shows multiple populations are threatened.
Our country, our people and our children are in a fierce spiritual and moral battle. A ccording to a new study published by the CDC on August 28, 2018, cases ofchlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis have skyrocketed since 2013. Preliminary 2017 data shows that since 2013:
- Gonorrhea diagnoses increased 67 percent overall and nearly doubled among men. Increases in diagnoses among women — and the speed with which they are increasing — are also concerning, with cases going up for the third year in a row.
- Primary and secondary syphilis diagnoses increased 76 percent.
- Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) made up almost 70 percent of primary and secondary syphilis cases. Primary and secondary syphilis are the most infectious stages of the disease.
- Chlamydia remained the most common condition reported to CDC. More than 1.7 million cases were diagnosed in 2017, with 45 percent among 15- to 24-year-old females.
- And, the threat of antibiotic resistant gonorrhea is increasing around the world.
- Click here for more information on the CDC website.
- Now is not the time to put our heads in the sand. Please join us in this battle today!
We are working hard to:
- Partner with others to develop Christ-centered educational curriculum for our youth, their parents and young adults.
- Develop new strategic partnerships with pregnancy centers and other Christ-centered organizations who are fighting the same or similar battles.
- Prepare and host the 2018 Amazing Love Event on Sept. 29, 2018.
- Record our new radio pilot (all of the background work is complete).
- Give as many television and radio interviews as possible. Our next TV interview is on Atlanta Live on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018.
- Speak at as many churches, universities and ministries as possible.
- And, numerous other worthy tactics and programs.
God has graced us with the know-how and the open doors, but we do not have sufficient human and financial capital to take advantage of these opportunities as quickly as we would like.
Thank you so much for your prayers and generous financial support thus far! If you are able, please become a monthly donor or make a one-time donation to help us bring Christ’s hope, healing and freedom to so many hurting and lost people.
Please give financially and help us share the good news that there’s hope, healing and freedom in Christ for the sexually and relationally hurting.