His Wonderful Works’ Doctrinal Beliefs
- We believe in the almighty God, Yahweh, Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, the final authority for truth, doctrine, correction, and instruction in right living.
- We believe man is created in God’s image to live in holiness and relationship with our Creator, but alienated from God because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, born of a virgin birth, fully human and fully God, lived a sinless life but tempted in every way, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- We believe in justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- We believe in the indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service and a joy filled life.
His Wonderful Works’ Core Beliefs Around Sexuality
- God created man and woman in His image, and our distinctive male and female identities and union are an essential part of His sacred plan.
- Sexuality is a good gift from God but God intended all sexual relations to occur only between a man and woman united in marriage.
- Homosexuality (whether in practice or identity), as well as other sexual addictions, is against God’s plan for mankind.
- True, lasting life change is possible, but requires a commitment to the process of healing and transformation.
- Same-sex attractions are not chosen, nor is there any scientific evidence to point to genetic causation.
- We believe gender development, whether homosexual or heterosexual (or other variances), occurs as a part of a child’s early developmental process, between healthy relating with one’s own gender, starting with his or her parents then further developing or further hindered in peer relationships.
- We believe that leaving homosexuality is more about becoming a man or woman in Christ, and not merely stopping this or that behavior.
- We do not attempt to alter anyone’s attractions, nor do we promise that this will take place.
- We believe if an individual seeks and submits their whole life to The Lord, understanding the above, and develops healthy relationships, that they will be able to “find freedom to live in sexual and relational wholeness according to God’s design.”